Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dinner Time

I'm by no means a Thomas Keller, a Michael Chiarello, or an Emeril!!   I'm a full time working mom who leaves the house at 7:35 every morning and I don't get home until almost 6:15 every night.   My son has a pretty regular schedule.  Likes to eat dinner by 6:30, bath at 7:00 and bed time around 7:30.  I don't have time to whip up rack of lamb, twice-baked potatoes and home made garlic bread every night.  So I am not embarrassed at all to say that I buy already cooked/seasoned things!!  Rotisserie chicken: YES! Pre-marinated Tri tip: EVEN BETTER! All i have to do is pop them in the oven and WAH-LA!  "Dinner's ready!"  or "Time to Eat!" My husband and son's favorite phrases!!!  My son goes running to his tabletop highchair, with such excitement on his little face, saying "Ea" meaning Eat!  :)

I always feel a little bit guilty heading down the freezer aisle to get things for dinner.  My husband umpires and plays softball A LOT and he does the majority of the cooking.  He learned early on what my strengths and weaknesses were!    We just can't eat grilled cheese every night!!I went shopping the other day on my lunch break because I can't make anything with baking soda and red vines...(yes its been a while!!) and I discovered Bertolli's frozen pasta creations and let me just say WOW!  They are good!!!  The Mediterranean ones are delightful!!!  Here are some other favorite quick little dishes that won my family over!!






 What are your favorite things to make for dinner??

No comments:

Post a Comment