Thursday, August 4, 2011

Clearing the Air

I've been talking with a few of my friends lately about growing up, getting over the B.S., and how fake some people are.  I think its extremely juvenile to be nice to someones face and talk crap behind their back whether its to your husband, a girlfriend or even someone who you once talked bad about yourself.  We are not in high school anymore;  This isn't "Mean Girls".  Its just really sad the way people act.  I've been noticing a lot about this since my bachelorette party.  My hubby and i were talking about this last night in fact.  Where do you draw the line between being polite and being fake??  I've never had a problem speaking my mind but i was also raised with manners.  You don't just ignore people... if someone says hi you say hi back.  That's the way it works.  But what do you do when you really don't want to say hi or have a conversation with someone???  Being married and having a child has put a lot in perspective for me.  I'm very particular who i allow in my life and my son's.  Your friends are a representation of you.  And i am sorry but i do not want catty, spoiled, self-absorbed talk behind your back people in my life! I'm just so over it!  If you don't like me, tell me! I'm no innocent party here i have it done it as well!  With all the drama that happened at my bachelorette party i still have people asking me what happened.  To be honest, its done with in the past.  What happened, happened.  End.of.story.  I have a friend that asked her roommate to leave because she lied about being employed.  As a landlord you would want your tenant employed!!  this is the EXACT same situation except they were friends. Now this ex roomie is talking behind her back saying all kinds of bogus lies and how she would tell her to her face no problem except that is a problem because they have met face to face and nothing was said!  surprise surprise!!  Why are people so big and bold OVER A KEYBOARD!!  Maybe its that line again dancing in front of us...

i just wish the none sense would end! Maybe i just need to get out this group of friends???  isn't it funny how a new group of friends looks like they all get along and there are no problems but once you're in the middle you see all the deceit and backstabbing up close and can't wait to run away!  Maybe this is why i don't go to large functions anymore and stick with just my besties and family?  interesting thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment