Tuesday, August 16, 2011

L.M.H.

Everyday I am thankful that i married my husband for TRUE LOVE!  Money didn't persuade me to continue dating him nor did my parents force us to get married.  He didn't shower me relentlessly with brand name gifts or send me dozens of roses.  To me, that's not love its bribery!  I married him because I truly love him!  I never had to force myself to love him; love was always there for us!   I knew after 3 months of dating, I wanted to marry him.  He asked me to move in with him just 2 1/2 months after we started dating and a month after that we found out we were having a baby!  Yes my life would be much easier if I had married for money like other people i know/read about.  Luckily for me, I have morals and a conscience.  I love my life and all the problems that come with it! I would love to be showered with Tiffany's, designer shoes, designer purses or even flowers on a weekly basis BUT that is not the hand I was dealt and I am okay with that.  I would love to get a brand spanking new car just because but that's not gonna happen unless i make it happen!  I work hard for everything I have and that makes it ALL worth it! i don't have to have an "allowance" or ask for money.  I married my best friend, my rock, the person that still makes my knees go weak when he kisses me.  Everyday I fall more in love with the same man.

I know a few couples that are miserable together and living day to day.  They are worth more together than they would be apart.  They each have kids and the husbands aren't around enough so the women worry about their kids if they separated.  It must be sad to have to live your life like that.  My parents didn't have the most wonderful relationship either because my dad drank.  I remember hearing their fights when I was younger and watching my dad get stupid drunk.  Like many moms do they analyze the situation and see what is best for their children.  She decided to leave him because she didn't want me growing up in that type of environment.  I respect my mom for making that hard decision.
I would rather struggle and have the necessities rather than have it all and fake a happy marriage.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.  And if it comes that easy, you don't appreciate it.  My husband and I will grow stronger everyday because of the decisions we as a family will be making.  I will never resent my husband because he buys me carnations rather than roses or buys me jewelry from a mall rather than Tiffany's.  I will never be the spoiled princess because that's not who I am nor who I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment