Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Blessings

With Christmas just around the corner, I am still trying to finish my shopping.  Hell, I need to start my shopping!!!  I have been feeling very Grinch like this year.  No shopping, no baking, no Christmas music...our tree isn't even up yet!!!  I decorated the house some but that's about it! I don't know who i am right now!  I live for Christmas time!!!!!  I love everything about this holiday; eggnog, decorations, family, candy canes, wrapping paper and bows and the presents!  Our family has had an interesting year.  We've had all sorts of ups and downs, from our wedding to surgeries to a family death, I think its all catching up to me.  Not to mention finances.  So for this year and hopefully to continue, we are making Christmas about family and traditions instead of the materialistic side.   Our monster is two years old.  Last year we went all out shopping for him got him TONS of gifts and it was too much.  All he cared about was the bows and crinkly wrapping paper.  People focus on the spending and extravagant gifts.  The bigger the better rather than keeping it simple.  Ill admit my mom goes all out for Christmas.  I can't remember a single Christmas where i didn't almost get everything on my wish list.  This year the hubby and I are skipping getting each other useless crap we don't need and redoing our bathroom.  WE are getting a new sink, putting in new floor and painting! I cant wait and wouldn't have it any other way.  Sure diamond earrings would be AMAZE but let's be realistic.... that aint happenin'.  Plus I don't really need them :) For our monster we are just getting a couple small things and we still have some of his birthday presents that will be re wrapped for him to open.  He got TONS of toys for his birthday so we hid some! Christmas eve we will be spent with friends while looking at the pretty lights with hot chocolate of course!  Followed by a nice home cooked meal. 

I am so blessed to have the amazing husband that i have.  I fall more in love with that man everyday.  I have the cutest son in the world who melts my heart just about every day.  We have a home, food on the table, heat and water.  There are so many people who aren't blessed like we are.  This Christmas is all about the blessings and thanks.  I may not have it all but I have what matters.  Just like Kyle Richards says from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, I may not the be the richest girl (in Beverly Hills) but I am the luckiest! Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment