Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Shenanigans

Happy Monday all!!! I'm back!  I took a little hiatus; I needed to regroup, collect my thoughts, and spend some QT with my family not glued to our computer.  :)  With that being said, I'm just going to dive right in!!!  

While I'm sure millions where ecstatic that the Super Bowl was on yesterday, this girl over here...not so much.  Maybe if the 49ners had made it, I'd have different feelings!  Sure I love getting to catch up with all my friends and eating lots of yummy not-so-healthy delights but football is not my sport.  I get bored with it.  I even get bored physically going to the games!  Halftime on the other hand is right up my alley.  I love the costumes, the lights, the singing..you name it, I'm all over it! 

I wasn't too overall thrilled that Madonna was the BIG ACT.  Don't get me wrong, I love me some old school Madonna but current age Madonna...not at all.  She's just trying tooo hard to be hip and young and while gurlfriend looks amazing for her age she's just a little too much for these days.  In any event....she put on a great show regardless of my feelings towards her.  M.I.A. definitely did disappoint however.  Everything about her is tacky.  

I feel like NBC and the NFL should have known better with her.  Especially with all the other amazing artists out there.  She has a reputation and just like at the Super Bowl, she kept it.  NBC and NFL sent out apologies but the PTC is being rather unreasonable.  They called BS on the apologies issued and want action.  Just what action would they like?  They can't undue it...and to be perfectly honest it was just THE FINGER.  It wasn't a boob like Janet Jackson and I would pretty much bet my paycheck that their children probably use it as well when their parents aren't watching.  It was inappropriate but I for one didn't even notice it!!! NBC and the NFL have no control over what people do live.  They did say that the Super bowl performance would be appropriate and overall i think it was!  M.I.A. is just a lost cause and desperate for attention.  Do you agree with the PTC?  I'm curious to see what statement is issued by M.I.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment