Monday, April 2, 2012

DIY Canvas Photo: You are the....

This weekend I was anything BUT productive however, I did complete my first pinterest project and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome!!!  I got the idea inspiration from the THIS BLOG that i found through Pinterest.  I've been holding on to this idea for quite some time as I am a TOTAL procrastinator.  Having to do everything myself with a toddler and run our house, I have neither the energy nor the time for crafts. Saturday afternoon was a different story and when my cleaning bug left and my artsy bug came out, i fed it! 
I only needed a few things:
1) Stretched canvas (i chose a 16x20)
2) Mod Podge Canvas
3) paintbrush
4) picture blow up to cover your canvas
5) scrap book paper
6) Acrylic paint

Here's my canvas, photo, and scrapbook paper
Blown up photo that i got from Wal-Mart for $12

scrap book paper on the sides is done first i forgot to photo this part of the project

This finished project!!!  I love the way it turned out!!!!  16x20 looked so big in the package but not on our wall :)  The hubby loved it too.
You can also do acrylic paint on the sides once everything is dried to mesh the gaps from the paper and the photo but mine fit perfectly that i didn't need any but with only a photo and not the wording i would do this!  The next time i do this, i might try a larger photo to STRETCH it over the sides instead of the scrap book paper.  While i liked the look of it i didn't like it that it didn't fit my large canvas with one strip i had to cut two.
 

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I love the canvas and what you did with it! Thanks for sharing! This is on my craft to do lost now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was super easy, cost efficient (a MAJOR plus), and not time consuming at all which is HUGE for me.

    ReplyDelete