Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Let Down

I had a lovely Easter as I hope everyone else did.  It was filled with family, food and fun not to mention the best part..CANDY!!!!  Reese's PB cups taste so much better in the shape of an egg. Is it because there's no ruffled edge??! {I do love that part, so it cant be that!}  Because its thicker? I don't know but they're AMAZING in egg form.  Don't even get me started on the Cadbury hard coated mini eggs.  Those things are DANGEROUS.  Anywhoo enough about my obsession of chocolate. {i could go on and on}My parents came over for brunch Sunday morning.  I made a yummy quiche {my 1st one} and I was so impressed at how good it turned out and how easy it was, had some berries with Brie and Gouda, and what's a brunch without mimosa's!  :)

I stumbled across This on Pinterest and decided to give them a whirl.

They were beautiful, don't get me wrong, but horrific, awful and disgusting!!!!  I don't know what i was thinking, i suppose the color just called out my name but they were awful!  By the time i peeled all the eggs, set up the colors, put the eggs in them, made the yummy filling, pulled out the eggs, rinsed them off, put the filling in my new contraption and filled my eggs with ruffled perfection...I probably wasted a good hour of my already stressful morning!!! My MIL said they were a form of pickled eggs which are huge in Scotland {where they are from} In any event they were AWFUL!!!!  Already took this off of my Pinterest and will never EVER make them again!!!!! 



1 comment:

  1. Tip for next year- just use water and food coloring to dye the eggs. Works JUST as well without the vinegar taste. I made them this way & they were very yummy ;-)

    ReplyDelete