Tuesday, May 8, 2012

M.I.A.

Hey all!!!  Sorry I have been so MIA lately!!!!  I was super swamped at work and had ZERO time to blog {tragedy I know} AND i have been on......{drum roll please}..... VACATION! for the last week!!!!  HOORAY!!!  I haven't been on a good vacation since before my monster was born and boy oh boy did I need it!  We went to visit my family back east in Michigan and i always forget how much i love it there.  I'm 100% a California girl at heart but its so peaceful and serene and green back there.  I would move there instantaneously!  I miss my Michigan family.  Not to mention EVERYONE is so nice and helpful. 

Anywhoo, I have some BIG projects planned and can't wait to share them with you!!  I FINALLY picked my wall color in our family room.  LEt's start from the beginning.  I found this dreamy kitchen and wanted to replicate it, unfortunately, my husband hated the green color and said absolutely not!!!  :(  *Le sigh...*  its perfect! so welcoming and happy!!

I show you this picture 1) because i still absolutely love it and 2) my kitchen and family room are separated by a cabinet.  I have a deep burgundy wall in my family room and you can see it from the kitchen so my colors have to coincide.  I wanted to do green bc i found a picture of a room i LOVED with a burgundy wall and green accents so i thought the combo would be perfect!!  See Below.  I only have the one wall in this shade against our fireplace!
This is my actual wall color not my room "Deep Garnet" from Behr.  I love the intensity and richness of it!!!!     
So having my husband hate the color green my dream kitchen will never be so i have been pining for a new color and also trying to sell him on the green.  I swear he said I could do it but he says he never did!  I should've just done it than!!!  {ya snooze ya lose} Now i have decided to go with a mint-ish color!!  And my hubby loves it!!!!!  So having learned my lesson with the green kitchen, I am painting THIS weekend!!!  I found my paint color but i have a question for all you out there in blog land.  I am thinking of painting my cabinets as well the same color, what are your thoughts on this?  

My burgundy wall unpainted.  This view is from the kitchen...


Our itty-bitty kitchen.  Not much wall space to "paint"
another view 


Painted cabinets are so divine!!!   


So what are your thoughts?  To paint the cabinets are not??!!!  Let's be honest, your input is more valuable than my hubbys :)





4 comments:

  1. I say PAINT 'EM! The pinterest pic (assumption) looks amazing. Hummmm maybe that is what we should do to ours instead of refinish them. Decisions.. decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINKING PAINTING THE CABINETS IS AN EASIER WAY TO UPDATE/CHANGE YOUR KITCHEN WITHOUT THE COST OF REMODELING!!! THANKS FOR THE INPUT!!! :) XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of painting them :)

    ReplyDelete