Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Finger Lickin homemade roast chicken

For our wedding, we got a roast chicken pan and i have been dying to use it soooo over the weekend I made my first very own roast chicken!!!!  I realize this may not sound like much to some but coming from the girl who would never ever stick her hand up a chicken/turkey's "butt" its a BIG DEAL! I do know its not the butt, I've just always joked with my mom about this.  I couldn't believe how easy it was and fast minus the cleaning it out part!  I didn't take pictures as my "sous chef" was my 3 year old and he requires TONS of supervision especially in the kitchen; he just loves to "help".  Not to mention, he's just so hard to say no to :)

Ingredients:
whole chicken
lemons
butter
Thyme

Step 1.)  Rinse off the chicken and pat dry with paper towels; let dry.
Step 2.)  Slice up a lemon into 1/4 pieces and finely chop up the Thyme.  I didn't have rosemary otherwise i would've used that...you could use numerous herbs
Step 3.) clean out the inside and remove the parts (and yes i squealed GROOOSSS and EEEEW the entire time while doing this...this made my son laugh hysterically)
Step 4.) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
Step 5.)  Stuff the cavity ["butt" of the chicken as i say :)] with lemons quarters and with the thyme
Step 6.)  In a bowl, combine softened butter and some lemon zest; rub the outside of the chicken with it [who doesn't love some good lemon zest]
Step 7.)  Put your chicken in the oven and set the timer for an hour and a half.
Step 8.) Pull out the chicken and cover with foil and let rest for 10 mins. [no lie i forget meat has to "rest" after and i overcooked my chicken :( flavor was amazing but a little dry oopsie] Lesson learned for next time!!!

WAH-LA you're done! :) Now go enjoy that finger-lickin delicious chicken!!!

Here's my awesome chicken roasting pan; I'm in love with it!  You can find it HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment