Monday, June 17, 2013

As good as it gets?

Let me first start by stating that I love being a mother; C is my whole world; there is n.o.t.h.i.n.g I wouldn't do for him.  He makes me smile everyday and I am so grateful for him.  I also love being a wife [most days].  

I feel like I've been in a rut for the last couple weeks and I just can't shake it.  Everyday is the same... wake up, take the pup out, grab C and put on cartoons while I wash my face and get ready for my day, go downstairs, make breakfast, pack C's lunch, let the dog in, go upstairs, get dressed, get C dressed, come downstairs to eat, load up the car, crate and feed pup and finally out the door.  After work, pick up C from preschool, sit in traffic [ugh], get home, water plants/garden, cook dinner, eat dinner, clean up dinner, play with pup, clean up dinner, bathe C and then bedtime.  Meanwhile, the hubs is sitting on the couch the majority of the time.....

Have you ever just wanted to scream and shout??!  Does that make it any better?  I mean, is this what my life is going to be like?  I get zero/to no help around the house nor with C.  My house isn't huge by any means but its a two story and laundry between the hubs and C piles up.  I'm in charge of it all on top of my full-time job.  

I hear from friends about how great and wonderful there husbands are; how they help out around the house/play with the kids.  My friend & her husband rotate every night between bath time/bed time.  I suggested this to the hubs once and he said "oh yeah sure we can do that".  Hasn't happened.  I watch my FIL work his magic around the house, vacuum, mop and do his own laundry.  Again it makes me wonder, is this as good as it gets?  Is this really what my life is going to be?  I've cleaned the house spotless on a Saturday and by Sunday there are dishes everywhere, bottles on the counter/coffee table and food remnants on the counter as well.  Is it that hard to put a dish away/clean up after yourself??  It takes me back to the woman, Jessica Stilwell, who went on a strike because she felt unappreciated and i think i could do that.  But after a week, I cant take the dishes anymore or seeing my Simplehuman garbage/recycler stuffed to the brim anymore.  The hubs knows I'll cave and I do every time.  

I have to ask C a million times to pick up his toys/finish eating etc.  I expect this; he's 3.  I should not have to ask my husband 10 times to fix the curtain rod that has come out of the wall and balancing against our PB couch or to put the toilet seat back on the toilet or fix the shower head so I can use the master bath! Its just TOO much...

Is this really what my life is going to be like?  Taking care of two 3 year olds???  I just want to run away.  I need a vacation or even a stay cation!!   



No comments:

Post a Comment