Friday, August 23, 2013

Under Construction

So my monster's birthday is coming up and I am so excited to share that we are taking him to Disneyland for the first time!  I am over the moon with excitement!  We've been planning this for months.  I originally planned on not having a birthday party for my monster but a couple weeks ago we were driving home from preschool and he asked if he was going to have a birthday party like his friend Max.  I said No baby because you get to go Disneyland for your birthday.  He said Oh ok....a long pause goes by...and he continues will all my friends be there?  {My heart melted} and i realized this is the first year he actually understands the whole birthday party so now we are having a party!  

I work in Napa however, i don't live in Napa.  We have to drive through a little canyon every morning and night which is currently under construction and my monster always oooooooohs and aaaaaaaaaaaaahs at all the trucks and equipment.  We also read "Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site every night; WHAM it hit me like a wrecking ball, we would have a construction theme party!!!

I'm a huge fan of making my own invites but since this is kind of just being thrown together last minute, I don't have the time to do it.  Being a HUGE fan of Etsy, I found the cutest invites over at MimisDollhouse shop!!  She customized for me and i had them within 2 days!  She did a GREAT job!

How cute are these?  i Love the cones as As

I am either going to make cute little construction hat cake pops i found HERE or orange construction cone rice krispie treats, a friend is making the cake, i have all sorts of construction trucks lying around the house {literally} why are boys so messy??, the food is going to be super simple, I've ordered kid construction hats and Home Depot work aprons!!!  I have been playing around with cute little construction themed signs that ill share soon to go around the house!  

This whole party is coming together effortlessly! :) My husband is convinced however, that i am incapable of doing anything simply when it comes to parties...he may be right but that'll be our little secret! 


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment