Thursday, October 3, 2013

Renting v. Buying

No this post isn't about housing; its about clothing!  I have one of my favorite couples wedding this month and I want to look good, however I don't want to spend a ton on a new dress that I probably won't wear again nor need.  I have been recycling my dresses through the handfuls of weddings we've had this past summer but I've worn all the appropriate wedding ones and sometimes a girl just wants something new.  
 
A friend of mine introduced me to www.renttherunway.com a couple years ago and swears by it but I've never rented anything.  For those of you that don't know renttherunway is a site where you can rent clothes, jewelry, purses, etc. that are all designer!  I've always wanted to rent but to me I would rather own.  For the first time in 2+ years, I'm actually considering renting some of their gorgeous dresses & jewelry.  Here's what I'm loving, tell me what you think?!  I want something fun but slightly sexy!  and WOWing my hubby would be a definite plus :)
 

I'm loving this Tracy Reese frock especially with the bow back.  Business in the front and party in the back FINALLY has new meaning friends!
 

 
I'm also loving the little black number with the bow sleeve but I also love me a good maxi and this my friends is a goooorgeous maxi!! I'm dying over the creamy sherbet orange color.  Tell me, which is your favorite look?
Since I'm uneasy about renting something for a wedding without trying it on especially with a company I've never used before, I have rented a couple different outfits for a bachelorette party I'm going to this weekend to see what I think and I couldn't be more excited about my choices!!!!  Can you tell I'm digging the sequins right now.  The attire for this weekend is LBD (little black dress)  so this romper was a perfect choice and I just love this Milly Chained to you dress; it looks so comfy and fun!  I would've rented the black bow number from above but sadly my size wasn't available for this weekend.

 
I'll report back next week! xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment