Friday, April 10, 2015

Decorating woes

We recently moved to an adorable house back in my hometown and I couldn't be more excited!!!!!!  I immediately fell in love with the house when we first looked at it (actually I fell in love when I first googled the address).  We are directly across the street from a terrific school AND its where our son will go to kindergarten!!! 
How adorbs is our new place...im in love!
Its an older house but has been completely renovated inside and it.is.gorgeous!!! I love it all, from the lemon tree in the front yard to the dutch door in my kitchen among other things!  I cant wait to put a swing in that big ole' tree! 

Even though im ridiculously excited about this new place I am having a hard time getting into the swing of unpacking.  I think its because I envisioned exactly where I wanted our furniture and with what rug.  Well, when we moved out of our old house, my favorite rug had been in storage & when we unrolled it, we discovered it was all moldy from a leak in the storage unit so we had to toss it :( We used a different rug we had for a different room and it works temporarily but its DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!  Plus, it just doesn't match my look.

In any event, I need some help choosing a new rug!  Hubby and I couldn't have more different tastes.  He wants very traditional and simple.  I want more modern with some color.  All the walls are beige  including the ceiling so I would really love to get some color in there!!  Tell me what you think!


This is EXACTLY what I want but my hubby hates it! 



Im swooning over this rug but its a little out of our budget plus with a toddler and GSD it may be too light :)



 
 

 
 
As you can see, i definitely have a style im going for!!!!  Im also loving ikat right now however the hubs says over his dead body.  He HATES the pattern!!
 
 
I do have my new bedding picked out though and can't wait for it get here!!!!!  I found the cutest free printable here that you can customize and it matches perfect :)
 
 


 
All images found on pinterest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment